Translate

6/30/2014

Book Musing Secrets!

 
Happy Monday-Funday!! Are you reading a good book this week? I am beginning Fin & Lady by Cathleen Schine. Not sure about this one yet because I'm only a few pages into it. At this point, it seems that Lady is a zany young adult who is stepping in to take custody of her much younger half-brother when he is left an orphan.
 
Still reading The Intercept by Dick Wolf, though I must admit I have been neglecting Keeping Mum by Alyse Carlson. The Intercept is not my usual fare, but I'm staying with this thriller to the end. It does seem quite wordy to this reader.
 


===========================================

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Today's musing is a set of book-related questions:

Top 3 bookish pet peeves?
  1. Unnecessary interruptions while I'm reading.
  2. Having to wait for a book that I really-really want to read.
  3. Coming to the end of a good book that has drawn me into its world.
Perfect reading spot?
Anywhere. Any time. My choice reading spot is on the swing on our back deck, birds chirping,
and a gentle breeze rustling the leaves  on the trees. Like now as I write this.

3 Bookish confessions?
  1. I do not re-read books, even ones that have spoken to me deeply.
  2. I write favorite passages from books, but seldom go back to my journal to read them. Maybe the act of writing the words that touch me is enough.
  3. I keep a physical map on which I plot the settings of each book I read, though I do not select books by the setting. Thus far in 2014, my book settings cluster in England and on the NE coast of the USA. 
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Years and years ago. I don't remember, really.

How many books are on your bedside table?
None. I don't keep books there.

What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
A Diet Coke and chips. (Please don't judge me!!)

Name 3 books you’d recommend to everyone.
  1. The Gamache series by Louise Penny
  2. The Sugar Queen by Sara Addison Allen
  3. The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
Write how much books mean to you in 3 words
Lost without books.

What is your biggest reading secret?
I prefer books to people much of the time!

Who I’m tagging:
YOU!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I could relate to several of yours..

I do not like to be interrupted.
I am anxiously awaiting my next review book.
When I come to the end of a good book, I wonder what a follow-up book would be like.
I love to read anywhere. I usually have my Kindle with me so I can dig in.
My choice reading spot? on the couch with music softly playing.

I like the idea of using a physical map. I'll keep that in mind.